2009 Research Grant Recipients
The center once again put out a call for proposals in 2009 to fund exceptional research that enhances our understanding of enrollment issues and expands our collective capacity to meet the needs of students, institutions, and greater society.
The center provided research grants intended to help researchers:
- initiate or complete exceptional research that critically examines issues related to enrollment management;
- present their research outcomes at credited conferences and/or workshops;
- disseminate their research outcomes within credited scholarly publications.
Project summaries are available on the publications page of the center’s website.
Sponsored Research Projects
“A Competing Events Model of the Effects of Financial Aid on Latinos’ Enrollment Patterns”
- Jacob P.K. Gross, Indiana University
- Vasti Torres, Indiana University
- Grant total: $6,150
“An Exploration into the Role of Social Trust as a Mediating Influence in Low-Income Latino/a College Financing Decisions”
- Patricia M. McDonough, University of California Los Angeles
- Shannon M. Calderone, University of California Los Angeles
- Grant total: $7,434
“The Use of Agents in Recruiting Chinese Undergraduates”
- Linda Serra Hagedorn, Iowa State University
- Yi Zhang, Iowa State University
- Grant total: $6,416
“Over 40 Percent: Asian American Student Pathways through the Community College System”
- Julie Park, University of California Los Angeles/Miami University of Ohio
- Grant total: $3,500
The center sincerely thanks everyone that submitted a proposal.